This policy describes how ShiftXChange treats your information. We are not responsible for how others treat your information. If you are using ShiftXChange in a workplace or on a device or account issued to you by your employer or another organization, that company or organization likely has its own policies regarding storage, access, modification, deletion, and retention of communications and content which may apply to your use of ShiftXChange. Please check with your union representative about the policies it has in place regarding your communications and related content on ShiftXChange.
Information We Collect, Use and Share:
We collect different types of personal information from you in order to provide you the platform and related information via ShiftXChange. Some of it is personally identifiable and some is non-identifying or aggregated. Here are the types of information we collect or receive:
- Network information. When you create a network on ShiftXChange, we collect your phone number, your email address (as the primary owner), your company name, your user name that appears in your ShiftXChange network, and password.
- Account and profile information. The only information we require to create your ShiftXChange account is a phone number, or email address and password. Optional information you can enter into your profile includes information such as your first and last name, and a profile image. Any information you add to your profile is visible to other people in your network.
- Log data. When you use ShiftXChange, our servers automatically record information including information that your browser sends whenever you visit our website or information that your mobile app sends when you’re using it. This log data may include your Internet Protocol address, the address of the web page you visited before coming to ShiftXChange, your browser type and settings, the date and time of your request, information about your browser configuration and plug-ins, language preferences, and cookie data. In addition, we collect data you voluntarily submit via contact forms available on our website.
- Device information. In addition to log data, we may also collect information about the device you’re using ShiftXChange on, including what type of device it is, what operating system you’re using, device settings, unique device identifiers, and crash data. Whether we collect some or all of this information often depends on what type of device you’re using and its settings.
- Geo-location information. Precise GPS data from mobile devices is collected only with your permission. WiFi and IP addresses received from your browser or device may be used to determine approximate location.
- ShiftXChange usage information. This is information about which network, location, groups, people, features, content, and links you interact with within ShiftXChange.
- Communication content that you send and receive within ShiftXChange. This includes:
- a. The message content itself. This content can include messages, pictures, files and video among other types of files.
- b. When messages or files were sent and by whom, when or if they were seen by you, and where you received them (in a newsfeed, private chat group, or direct message, for example).
- Information from partners or other 3rd parties. ShiftXChange may receive information from partners or others that we could use to make our own information better or more useful. This might be aggregate level information about which IP addresses go with which zip codes or it might be more specific information about how well an online marketing or email campaign performed.
How we use your information:
We use personal information to provide and improve our service. This includes:
- Using your phone number to send you SMS messages to authenticate your account.
- Using personal data to research and improve ShiftXChange services, analyze trends and track usage.
- Using your email address to provide you with information you requested via our website or with updates about ShiftXChange that you may have agreed to when submitting a contact form on our website.
- Communicating with you about your use of the platform and helping troubleshoot any problems that you may be encountering.
When We Might Share Your Information: ShiftXChange does not share any personal information with third party marketing or advertising platforms. We will only share personal information under the following circumstances:
- With consent, to comply with legal process, or to protect ShiftXChange and our users. When we have your consent or if we believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with a law, regulation or legal request; to protect the safety, rights, or property of the public, any person, or ShiftXChange; or to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues. If we receive a legal or law enforcement request for information we will do our best to notify the subject of the request if we are able.
- With your organization or network administrator(s).
- a. We may share your phone number or email address with your organization. If the phone number or email address under which you’ve registered your account belongs to or is controlled by an organization we may disclose that phone number or email address and associated team names to that organization in order to help it understand who associated with that organization uses ShiftXChange, and to assist the organization with its enterprise accounts. Please do not use a work phone number or email address for our services unless you are authorized to do so, and are therefore comfortable with this kind of sharing.
- b. In addition, there may be times when you contact ShiftXChange to help resolve an issue specific to a network you are a member of. In order to help resolve the issue, we may need to share your concern with your administrator. When possible, we will try to mask or remove any identifying information before sharing these communications.
- When We Might Share De-Identified Data. We may also share aggregated or non-personally identifiable information with our partners or others for business or research purposes. For example, we may tell a prospective ShiftXChange customer the average number of messages sent within a ShiftXChange network in a day or may partner with a research firm or academics to explore interesting questions about workplace communications. Again, this policy is not intended to prohibit the disclosure and use of aggregated or de-identified data.
Cookies are small text files sent by us to your computer and from your computer to us, each time you visit our website. They are unique to your ShiftXChange account or your browser. Session-based cookies last only while your browser is open and are automatically deleted when you close your browser. Persistent cookies last until you or your browser delete them or until they expire.
Some cookies are associated with your ShiftXChange account and personal information in order to remember that you are logged in and which network you are logged into. Other cookies are not tied to your ShiftXChange account but are unique and allow us to do site analytics and customization, among other things. If you access ShiftXChange through your browser, you can manage your cookie settings there but if you disable all cookies you may not be able to use ShiftXChange.
ShiftXChange sets and accesses our own cookies on our company-owned domains. In addition, we use 3rd parties like Google Analytics for website analytics. Google Analytics provides its own opt-out. We do not support Do Not Track (“DNT”). Do Not Track is a preference you can set in your web browser to inform websites that you do not want to be tracked. You can enable or disable Do Not Track by visiting the Preferences or Settings page of your web browser.
ShiftXChange takes reasonable steps to protect the information you provide to us as part of your use of the ShiftXChange service from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access or disclosure. When you enter sensitive information (such as sign-in credentials) we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). We follow generally accepted standards to protect the personal data submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. However, no electronic or email transmission or digital storage mechanism is ever fully secure or error-free.
Your Data Protection Rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR):
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. ShiftXChange Technologies Inc. aims to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete or limit the use of your Personal Data. If you wish to be informed about what Personal Data we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us.
In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to access, update or delete your Personal Data Whenever made possible, you can access, update or request deletion of your Personal Data directly within your account settings section if you are an app user. If you are unable to perform these actions yourself, please contact us to assist you. If you want to access, update or delete Personal Data provided via our website, you can do so by emailing info@ShiftXChange.com
- The right of rectification. You have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to object. You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Data.
- The right of restriction. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information.
- The right to data portability. You have the right to be provided with a copy of your Personal Data in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format.
- The right to withdraw consent. You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where ShiftXChange Technologies Inc. relied on your consent to process your personal information. If you want to unsubscribe from any email updates you have previously signed up to, you can do so by clicking the link in the footer of the last email you received from us.
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone who is not actively employed at the current company.
We may change this policy from time to time, and if we do we’ll post any changes on this page. If you continue to use ShiftXChange after those changes are in effect, you agree to the revised policy. If the changes are material, we may provide more prominent notice or seek your consent to the new policy.